Get in shape for summer- thigh/leg exercises
With the cold weather and dark nights making summer seem a long way away yet it can be hard to get motivated to work out or go to the gym.
However we have been spurred on to get fit at Panache HQ by the below quote we came across on Pinterest;
Although we may not quite be up for running outside in the snow just yet (we need to work up to that!) we have started doing some simple yet effective exercises in the comfort of our own, much warmer, homes!
We have put together 4 simple leg exercises that we have found that you can try at home;
- From a standing position with your feet slightly wider than hip-width apart lower yourself down like you are sitting on a chair until your thighs are parallel to the floor
- Keep your back as straight as you can and try not to let your knees go over your toes. Rise slowly back up
- Repeat 15 times for 3 sets.
- Stand with feet shoulder with apart, look forward
- Step forward with one leg whilst keeping back straight
- Lower your hips until both knees are bent approx 90 degrees angle. Your front knee should not extend over your ankle.
- Repeat on both sides, 15 times on each for 3 sets
- Lie down on your back on a mat, keep your knees bent and feet hip width apart. Keep your arms at your side with the palms facing up
- Press your feet into the floor and lift your hips towards the ceiling as high as is comfortable
- Keep your knees parallel to each other and your shoulders on the floor to protect your neck throughout the exercise.
- Hold the pose for 5 seconds and release back to the start position
- Repeat 15 times, for 3 sets
- Place one foot up on to the step
- Bring your back foot up and raise your knee as high as you can
- Bring the same foot back down to the ground and step back down from the step
- Continue alternating legs until you have done 15 reps on each leg. Do this 3 times
Don’t forget to make sure that you have the correct workout gear before you start, including a supportive and well-fitting sports bra. Visit our website to see all the features of our award winning sports bra
Do you have any other leg exercises which you would recommend for us to try?